Jesse Smith, CPA, CA
Trained as an accountant at MNP LLP, Ken’s son Jesse joined the team at Upper Valley Aviation Ltd. in 2007. Jesse is a CPA, CA and has worked with his father, Ken in the industry since he was a boy. Jesse is also a pilot. After attending college, Jesse went back to work for UVA for the summer as a paint prepper as he had done in the past but decided to seek out further eductation and went on MNP to earn his designation as a Chartered Professional Accountant. Jesse is looking after more of the day-to-day as Ken moves to taking on purely a sales and over-seeing role in the company.
Founder, Sales, Director, Pilot
With more than 10,000 hours piloting small aircraft and 30 years in the aviation industry, Ken knows all the nuances that transform a good plane into a great plane. Founder and President, Ken remains at the helm of Upper Valley Aviation Ltd. and is actively involved in operations and sales.
PRM, Floor Manager
Chad has been a part of our team for almost a decade and assists in facilitating day to day operations in the shop and paint shop. Chad is responsible for any maintenance related needs in support of the paint shop.
Bob is a Red Seal Certified Painter with more than a decade of aircraft paint finishing experience. Bob continuously looks for ways to raise the bar on quality, and personally oversees all work in the paint shop. Bob has been the back bone of the quality paint work that leaves the UVA hangar for the past decade.
UVA Shop Crew:
- Mike Martin – AME(M1), AME(S), Pilot
- Tony Clarke – Paint Crew Lead, Painter
- Gerard Gouwenberg – AME(M1), Lycoming Engine Certified, Pilot
- John Waite – Structures Technician
- Tyler Clark – Paint Prep.
- Stu Craven – Paint Prep.
- Louis Granbois – AME(S) Apprentice
- Kevin Hawley – Painter, Graphics
- Sergio Rivera – Interiors Technician
- Ryan Marillier – AME(M1) Apprentice
- Matthew Burgess – Paint Prep
- Brandon Bowers – Paint Prep
- Gordie Koochen – Interior Upholstery sewer, installer, designer.
- Matt Healy – Paint prep