Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to work scheduled shift
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Keep work area clean and safe
- Work with a team in order to accomplish an established goal
- Disassemble and reassemble aircraft cabinetry
- Ability to read shop drawings and blue prints
- Ability to fabricate cabinetry from scratch
- Strip laminate or veneer coverings from existing cabinets
- Cut, fit and trim laminate or veneer coverings as required
- Repair damaged cabinetry as directed by the crew chief
- Other duties as assigned
Job Specific Requirements:
- 2 – 3 years Cabinet and woodworking experience (light to medium sized business jet) preferred
- Knowledge of shop tools
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Good verbal communication skills
- Regularly required to stand, walk, kneel, stoop, crouch or crawl, talk or hear.
- Reach with hands or arms grasp or pull, and lift objects up to 25 lbs.
- Work will occasionally require lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes, and loud noises.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and the general public.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent