Essential Job Functions:
- Work as a team member to turn out a quality, squawk free aircraft on schedule.
- Masking aircraft for stripper application.
- Applying, agitating and washing stripper off of aircraft.
- Hand cleaning and sanding in preparation for etch and alodine.
- Applying etch and alodine to aircraft and rinsing.
- Removing and reapplying seam seal as required.
- Masking and preparing aircraft for primer application.
- Sanding primer for topcoat application.
- Preparing aircraft for topcoat application.
- Masking, preparing and painting stripes as needed.
- De-masking aircraft.
- Polishing and detailing exterior paint.
- Ability to paint/prime overalls
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with training of Jr Technicians
Job Specific Requirements:
- Effective time management
- Ability to work as a team member to accomplish production goals
- Quality oriented
- Strong attention to detail
- Work and comply with all safety rules
- Compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Complete steps in the G.P.M. on aircraft refurbishment process
- Regularly required to:
- Stand, walk, climb or balance
- Reach with hands or arms, grasp or pull
- Lift objects of up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to wear PPE.
- Occasionally required to:
- Talking or hearing
- Sitting, kneeling, stooping, crouching, or crawling
- Regularly exposed to:
- Toxic or caustic chemicals
- Fumes and loud noises
- Works occasionally in
- High or precarious places
- Specific vision abilities required
- Close vision
- Occasional overnight travel.
- Language Skill Abilities
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to understand and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write simple correspondence
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5-10 years experience in aircraft painting, automotive or industrial painting required